IDTheftSmart: Helping You Protect Your Identity
Your identity is your business. We'll help you protect it.
With the latest security breaches from Target, Neiman Marcus and others, protecting yourself from identity theft has never been more important. It starts with monitoring and managing your personal identity information. If you are not paying attention to your accounts, credit cards and credit reports then you may miss the signs that someone has stolen your identity. And, in the unfortunate event that your identity is actually stolen, what do you do then? Where do you even start to begin fixing the situation? The answer is listed below.
Protect Your Identity with IDTheftSmart
Through a partnership with Kroll, Inc., we are offering IDTheftSmart to all First Community Bank and Trust consumers. The IDTheftSmart program incorporates Credit Monitoring and Restoration of an Identity Theft situation. This program incorporates investigators that have thousands of hours of experience...more than any other company in the industry. Here's how it works
The program starts with Credit Monitoring. This service notifies participating customers of activity in their credit file. Experian (credit reporting agency) alerts you when any one of the following activities is reported:
- New Credit Account Openings
- Credit Inquiries
- Payment Delinquencies
- Public Record Changes
- Change of Address
IDTheftSmart does all the work. You just sit back and let IDTheftSmart monitor your credit for you. In addition to this monitoring, customers have access to trained credit specialists to answer any questions over the phone regarding the monitoring service.
Protection, Detection and Restoration
The second part of the IDTheftSmart program is an all inclusive solution that will help educate, detect and restore your identity. Licensed investigators are available to help you address the issue of privacy and best practices before an event, appropriate actions after a data exposure and restoration services in the unfortunate event of identity theft. These three parts are as follows
Protection: Immediate and direct access
- Consultation on the best practices for managing your personal identity
- Provide safety guidelines for communicating and interacting online
- Provide cardholders information about your rights under federal and state laws
- Consult on best practices for consumer privacy
- Access to a personal advocate if identity theft occurs
Detection: Analyze, consult and prepare
- Provide an action plan when information has been compromised
- Help interpreting and analyzing credit reports
- Fraud alert assistance
- Credit freeze consultation
- Provide personal assistance when suspicious issues extend beyond initial findings
Restoration: Resolve and restore
- Confirm identity fraud and identify its nature and scope
- Assist in obtaining a police report
- Provide a tri-merge credit report and perform full non-credit searches
- Work on behalf of IDTheftSmart Members until all identity theft issues have been verifiably resolved
- Place seven-year fraud victim statements with credit reporting agencies when applicable
As you can see, this program has you covered from start to finish. It allows you to rest assured that someone is always watching your identity and is available to help if it's ever stolen.
A Few Stats To Think About
- Identity theft victims spend at least 55 hours resolving theft issues at a cost of over $1,500.
- 8.4 Million Americans reported being victimized by identity theft in 2013.
- 20% of identity theft is credit card related.
The moral of the story is identity theft can happen to anybody and getting it all back to normal takes more time that most people have and costs a lot more money than anyone is willing to spend. Start protecting yourself today
Call For More Information
If you are interested in learning more about this identity theft program please contact us today at (708) 946-2246 or (708) 258-0530. Certain terms, fees and conditions apply.
IDTheftSmart offered through Kroll, Inc. for First Community Bank and Trust consumers.