First Community Bank and Trust wants all First eBanc and First eMobile users to know that it is very important to properly manage the passwords used to access accounts online. Proper management of passwords can help protect account information. We have provided Password Guidelines and Recommendations below.
A Strong Password is defined as a password that is reasonably difficult to guess in a short period of time either through human guessing or the use of specialized software.
The following are general recommendations for creating a Strong Password for First eBanc and First eMobile:
A Strong Password should -
- Be at least 6 - 10 characters in length
- Contain both upper and lowercase alphabetic characters (e.g. A-Z, a-z)
- Have at least two numerical characters (e.g. 0-9)
- Recommended to have at least one special character (e.g. ~!@#$%^&*()_-+=)
A Strong Password should not -
- Spell a word or series of words that can be found in a standard dictionary
- Spell a word with a number added to the beginning and the end
- Be based on any personal information such as user id, family name, pet, birthday, etc.
- Do not share your password with anyone for any reason
- Change your password periodically - We recommend changing your password at least once a quarter
- Consider using special characters to help spell out a password - such as $uperstr0ng!
- Do not write your password down or store it in an unsecure manner
- Avoid reusing a password
- Avoid using the same password for multiple accounts
- Do not use automatic logon or "save this password feature"
If you have any questions regarding your passwords for First eBanc and First eMobile, please send us a secure email by using the Secure Email link at the top of the page or contact us at (708) 946-2246 or (708) 258-0530.